Happy Thursday! Today I’m going to share a little about our other talented intern with you, Marci! Marci will be focusing primarily on the design and print prep aspects of what we do here. We had her create the below style board to give you a visual idea of who she is and what she loves.
– What did you study in school? Visual Arts-with an emphasis in Studio Arts
– Where do you hail from? Originally from Moraga, CA
– What is your favorite typeface? Helvetica Neue Ultra Light
– What is your lucky number? Lucky number is 8
– What is your favorite Bay Area eatery? Bianca’s Deli in Moraga
– What are you reading at the moment? Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
– What are your words to live by? “All you need is 20 seconds of courage, and you can accomplish anything.” -from the movie We Bought a Zoo
– If you could travel anywhere tomorrow, where would you go and what would you do? If I could travel anywhere tomorrow I would visit Ireland and see the Cliffs of Moher.
– Describe your personal style in three words: Unique, rustic, and simple
– Where would we find you on a Saturday afternoon? On a Saturday afternoon, I can be found reading a book, or watching a movie.
– Where do you find inspiration? I like to draw inspiration from magazines and design blogs.
– What is one thing you love about weddings? My favorite things about the wedding industry are the vast differences in style each bride has, they all have their own unique touch on what they want their special day to look like.
– Name one thing you want to do/see/try before your next birthday. Before my next birthday I hope to take a spontaneous vacation with my friends.
– What is your favorite AP design? Harlow
And a little more from Marci about the style board she created…
My style board represents all the things I love. I did a study abroad in Siena, Italy in college, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. The painting picture is a close up of Van Gogh’s Starry Night, I love how you can see each stroke of paint here in this photo, it reminds me of my art studies in school, and how I wished I could paint like Van Gogh, but I never quite mastered oil painting. In school I loved making patterns in my art pieces so I included a couple of pieces I loved that I found online. I love typography as well, and chocolate. I love the old school type used and also for some reason I am obsessed with ampersands, I just love their shape. The other photos I included represent how I am constantly looking at interior design and fashion images on Pinterest.
Welcome to the AP, Marci! We are so happy to have you join us!
Image credit: 1